Friday, June 12, 2009

The Prettiest Kitty Around


Because we are refinishing the front door, it has been open all day for the past three days. In addition to all sorts of insects, some of the local cats have tried to come in and make themselves at home. This particular cat is quite curious and has been hanging out on our door mat. In fact, just as I started to write this post I turned to see if she was there. No, she was trotting down the stairs right behind me, obviously having finally explored the house!

She really is the prettiest kitty around; well fed, bright blue eyes and a dainty pink nose. Her only scar is a nicked ear. Dom christened her Nicole.


I know one of our neighbors lets some of the cats in her house. I think this is one of them because she is very friendly and let me pet her. She even rolled over and showed me her tummy.



After getting all the attention she wanted, she went over and rolled around on the pavement.

Does anyone know what this plant is? It closely resembles what I know as Christmas Cactus but is much larger. Our neighbor, Maria Rosa, has several pots of it and they are now flowering. She even gave me one for our patio.

No comments:

Page copy protected against web site content infringement by Copyscape