Friday, April 9, 2010

Back in the Italian Groove


Today Dom and I got back in our Italian groove.  That means I cleaned the house and Dom started cutting the grass. 

We thought someone was coming to view the house this afternoon but that was cancelled.  Luckily I continued with the house cleaning as someone else came by.  It really was not that dirty but I had done nothing since arriving because of our guests.  I also ran two loads of wash but still have not caught up with all that.  If the weather holds (for drying the clothes outside) I might be caught up sometime next week.

Dom spent the day getting all the machinery (weed whacker/strimmer, mower and chainsaw) functioning.  He was able to start with the weed whacker and made great progress.  It was a cold winter so the grass is only about 6-8 inches tall.  That is rather short in comparison to some years.  Although it must also be noted that we are here earlier than usual.  The shorter grass makes cutting it a lot easier.

Yesterday as we were eating lunch outside our favorite local kitty, Squeak, showed up.  Her lack of appearance had led me to believe she did not survive the winter.  We have seen all three of her kittens from last fall.  They now appear almost full grown and are definitely fending for themselves.  Squeak is pregnant again so perhaps there will be more kittens before we leave.  The above photo is from last fall.  It always takes time for her to warm up to us but she spent all morning hanging around the back door.  Unfortunately I have neglected to buy cat food so I am behind on my bribes. 

The weather today was spectacular--sunny and warm.  It felt more like late May than early April.  After all the chores were done I put on a pair of shorts and sat on the patio with my book for over an hour.  This is why we LOVE Italy!

No comments:

Page copy protected against web site content infringement by Copyscape