Tuesday, May 11, 2010

Blooming Irises


Last fall I dug up my two clumps of irises and divided them.  There were so many bulblets that I threw a lot away.  However, the ones I replanted have bloomed spectacularly.  In fact, all my plants are doing well this spring.  It probably has something to do with the warm, wet weather.  The roses above the wall are full of buds and the strawberries in the lower right corner are covered with pink flowers, the first of which are just now turning into berries.

Here is a better shot of just the iris blossoms.  Remember, click on the photo to enlarge it.

This trip we have front door kitties and back door kitties.  Here are a couple of the kittens from last fall dining just outside our front door.  You can see all the plants our neighbor Maria Rosa cares for in the courtyard. 

Here is our regular back door kitty.  It looks a lot like Squeak, our longtime favorite, but it isn't.  Squeak was very pregnant when we arrived but has disappear.  I suspect she has gone to kitty heaven.

I hope our next house here in Italy also has some cats around the place. 

No comments:

Page copy protected against web site content infringement by Copyscape