Monday, April 25, 2011

The Bathroom Remodel


Medecine cabinets will have pedestal sinks below and eventually a cabinet around the base of the pedestal sinks. The window is new and still needs to be trimmed.

The shower area--hard to take good photos here because the tile is so glossy.

The toilet room is to the right of the shower and behind is the walk-in closet.

This shows the bedroom with the new carpet that was installed the Friday before we left. The same carpet is in the walk-in closet.
Dom says I need to post pictures just to prove to everyone that we were actually doing something all winter.  We certainly used the bathroom remodel often enough as an excuse to not do other things.  The few weeks before we left we were working REALLY hard on the project.  One day my mother called to chat and then announced she was planning to visit the next day.  My reaction was "No! You can't come! I have too much work to do!!" I immediately felt badly at being so abrupt and apologized. However, it really was true. There just was no time for guests.  A day or two before we left we did have my parents over to see the progress and we went out to dinner.  By that time Dom and I had stopped working, cleaned up and were getting ready to leave.  It was a much more relaxed and fun visit with them than it would have been ten days earlier.
People keep asking if the bathroom is finished.  No, but the really big, messy parts are done.  When we get back we still have a few weeks work and then it truly will be complete.  These pictures don't actually show things as far along as they are.  I just forgot to take pictures right before we left.  The toilet is actually installed in the toilet room and Dom set up one of the pedestal sinks for my parents visit.  When we get it all done I promise to (eventually) post pictures again.
 

No comments:

Page copy protected against web site content infringement by Copyscape