Thursday, May 10, 2012

Thursday Update

This past week has been somewhat quiet. On Monday morning Dom had another dentist appointment. It was good thing after his bridge fell out on Saturday. The replacement process is well underway. He had another appointment on Wednesday and one tomorrow evening. I am hoping it will all be done sometime next week.

We are still working on getting things upgraded and repaired at the apartment and there are a number of paperwork items that also need to be done. Dom got the hinges on the door below the sink on the terrace. One was broken and every time I opened it sort of fell apart. Now the washer itself is having problems and Dom plans to tackle that tomorrow.

I took the large blankets to the laundromat Monday afternoon to wash them. It was nice to sit there waiting and reading my book. We have both spent quite a bit of time reading and I am really happy with my NOOK tablet. I have discovered I can download books from Barnes & Noble plus I can also download library books. It's nice to have an unlimited supply.  Since we left Whidbey Island I have read eight books.

On Tuesday we continued working on our to do lists. In the evening we went to a showing of the film The Artist. Since it was a mostly silent film we had not trouble understanding it. It was very good and we enjoyed seeing it.

Yesterday I did not feel good so I pretty much did nothing but lay around and nap. We had a dinner engagement in the evening so I saved all my energy for that. Sometime during the day I decided that what I needed was to go lay in the sun and bake the cold out of my system. So today we packed a picnic and went to the beach. Unfortunately I did not think to take any pictures.

We found a free beach in the Marina di Pisa area and settled ourselves on a blanket on the sand. Most people there were just sunbathing but a few were going in the water. I went down and waded in up to my knees and found it chilly but I've swam in colder. Today we wore shorts but next time I plan to wear my swimsuit so I can take a real dip in the sea.

It was really quite warm today--87 degrees on our way home about 5 pm. However, it was probably a little cooler at the beach. Still, I was happy we had our beach umbrella so we could mostly sit in the shade. We stayed for about three hours before heading home.

Here are some pictures that I don't believe I have posted before. They show the new view to the south of our apartment. When we bought it there was a large tree that partially blocked the view. With the tree gone it is much more open. We can also see the extensive vegetable garden that has been put in below us. In addition to vegetables, the owner has also added a rooster. Dom would like to take target practice on it!



Here is a better photo of the big vegetable garden.


To the right along the fence you can see the owner running his rototiller around the garden.


We don't have any definite plans for the next few days but will probably take some excursions next week.




No comments:

Page copy protected against web site content infringement by Copyscape